Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Thailand - Orchids and Butterflies and such

I visited a beautiful orchid farm, and took pictures of the flowers I saw all over the place. August isn't the flower season in Thailand, so I'll have to see what I see next time, when I'm there for an entire year.



I don't remember where I saw these, but they surely are lovely. I love the color and the form.



These were just growing over a wall along a roadway near the beach. It was noplace special, but the flowers were beautiful. The wind was blowing so I steadied them with one hand and shot the picture with the other.



These were growing at the whitewater rafting place. There were a lot of great flowers and plants growing there and I had a lot of fun walking around and checking them out while I was waiting for my ride back to Phuket.



These were growing in what looked to be some sort of drainage ditch on the grounds of the hotel in Phuket. Again, there were beautiful plants and flowers all over the place.



These beauties were growing on the grounds of the hotel in Phuket. I spent the time one day between breakfast and my pick-up just wandering the grounds and checking out the flora.



Look at them all. Aren't they lovely? The colors were vibrant and the whole atmosphere was very serene.



Here's a shot of the orchid farm that shows how they're grown, and how many there were.



This photo doesn't show the amazing yellow-green tint of these orchids. They were absolutely startling.



This tree was growing just outside the first village where we stopped to rest. If you recall the picture of me by the stand of bamboo, these were just across the trail from the bamboo.



These were growing next to the restrooms at the rafting place! There were so many beautiful plants there.

And let's not forget the butterflies I photographed at the butterfly farm inside the orchid farm.





2 Comments:

At 3:42 PM, Blogger Mark said...

What beautiful orchids!! I especially love the white orchids of the fifth picture (I think). Awesome pictures!

We may disagree about some things, but not orchids :)

Mark

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger GrannyGrump said...

I'm glad you enjoy the pictures! I'm partial to those peach-colored flowers I just found while I was walking around phuket, but it's hard to find a favorite.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home